Had my first lesson at 复旦 yesterday. It is quite enjoyable to be back in school for once. Haha. I think some of you think Financial Economics is already quite hard on its own. The problem about my class is that, it is Financial Economics taught in mandarin. Haha. There were no powerpoint slides, no projector, no handouts. All we had was the professor, a movable blackboard, which I found quite cool, and your note book. Even though, I may portray to some that my level of Chinese competency is rather high, in actual fact, my written Chinese is horrible. So my notes was written predominantly in English. It was quite cool trying to process everything the professor said and translating it into English immediately and writing it down. It makes me spend more thought on the things taught. On the bright side, I can write in English for the exams. It was quite fun trying to figure out what the Chinese terms are during lecture, for example, 流动性 is liquidity.
Fudan’s campus is big. Haha, it is vastly different from NUS. There are so many shops within the vicinity of the Campus. They even have their own hotel. Yeah, so there is this 步行街, pedestrian’s street, where they sells all sorts of stuff. There are also quite a few restaurants along that street. It’s quite a nice place I’d say. The one of the bad things about Fudan, is that there is too many “paper” paperwork. A lot of the administrative stuff must be done on paper. Technology isn’t used much over there. So to get approval for me to study Investment (Mapped as Financial Econs), I had to run to 3 4 places to get signatures.
After school, we went to 五角场 for dinner. We went to this Steak house that sells both Chinese and western food. I had this ribeye steak set, consisting of an ice tea, salad, soup and garlic bread that cost 48rmb (SGD 10 or so) and it is actually pretty nice. So if I were a tourist, it would have been super duper cheap! Haha. There are also a lot of nice 小吃店 around Fudan. So it’s hard to lose weight here in Shanghai. Haha. Nvm, I shall start going gym.
Today is a rather productive day at work, since I have technically less free time than usual, which is good! Min Ke is leaving for BOC in less than a month, so I’ll be taking over his job, so now is the official handing over period. But to be frank, if by june they don’t hire any new interns, I’ll be pretty bored in the office. Haha.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment